viernes, 19 de abril de 2013

Many thanks!!

My dear brothers and sisters in Christ, the Holy Scripture says that there is a time a time to every purpose under the sun: A time pair born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to boot I planted, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to mourn and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to throw stones and a time to gather. Well, me now it's time to obey the voice of my Archbishop who asked my presence and work in another pastoral assignment, so beginning on the first day of July of 2013, St. Vincent de Paul, our beloved parish community, will have another pastor, and no doubt he will be a very good one with the right skills, attitude and love to guide our beloved community. Today, to make official this announcement, I would like to borrow the attitude and words of Pope emeritus Benedict XVI in the following days of the announcement of his departure: «Dear friends! God guides his Church; he sustains it always, especially at times of difficulty. Let us never lose this vision of faith, which is the one true way of looking at the journey of the Church and of the world. In our hearts, in the heart of each of you, may there always abide the joyful certainty that the Lord is at our side: he does not abandon us, he remains close to us and he surrounds us with his love. Thank you!». After much thought, I decided to give you this news in our Pastor’s Bench, and not during the celebration of the Eucharist because I have the firm conviction that the Holy Mass belongs to the Lord, indeed the Holy Mass is for the Lord and only for Him ("The Mass is about Jesus, not about me," the idea is from Cardinal Dolan, and I loved it from the moment I heard it for the first time). With these simple lines I want to say goodbye to each one of you and tell you that I will always carry St. Vincent de Paul in my heart because it was in this parish that I learned how to be a pastor, while I received much love and support. The priest who is leaving is not important, the priest who will come is not important, important is our Lord Jesus Christ who lives forever and gives meaning and life to all things, to Him all the honor and glory for ever and ever Fr. Agustin, pastor

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

We love you Fr. Agustín. We will keep you in our prayers and hope you will be able to celebrate Mass with us once in a while. Thank you for everything you do for all of us. Norma W