miércoles, 13 de julio de 2011

Understanding and Reading a Blog (for Newcomers)



You new here? Is it your first time at The Pastor’s Bench Blog? No Problem. I’ve been a new reader to many blogs and when you are presented with a whole lot of new information all at once, sometimes it’s hard to know where to start. So let me make it easy for you.

There are four ways to read this blog:

Chronologically. If you are parishioner who likes to read things in logical progression, then you might want to read my posts in the order in which I wrote them. The most direct way to do that is to start here with my very first post. When you’re done, you can go up and up.

By Archive. However, if you like to go in chronological order, but don’t want to read every single post, no problem. Check out "archivo del blog" (wich means blog archives), section located on the side bar. You can read posts by their post date.

By Specific Topic. If there is a topic you think I have covered before, but haven’t dealt with recently, you might want to use the “Search” box at the very top of blog. Type in the topic you think I have covered and tan-tan! You might find a post on the very topic you were searching for.

By Category. You can find the list of categories on the sidebar.

I don’t consider myself a writer. I’m just a roman catholic priest and a blogger, plain and simple. My blog isn’t written in some elegant, poetic prose- it’s written in my voice. For good or bad. What is a blog? Well, the name blog is a contraction of the term, describing a special kind of website: web log. Probably the simplest explanation to "what is a blog" question is that blog is an online journal. The latest entry -or post- is always displayed first, or in reverse chronological order. Blogs are usually updated frequently via software that allows users with hardly any or no technical skills to update and maintain it. That's one reason for blog's popularity. Right now this blog is the way for our parish to have a presence in cyberspace, we are working on a web site more formal and functional. If you want to say something ortell us something, go ahead! Our email is pastoralcouncilsvdp@gmail.com, wewelcome your suggestions and comments, all we ask is that they are based on respect and courtesy. Fr Agustin, Pastor. ■

No hay comentarios: