viernes, 30 de marzo de 2012

Palm Sunday 2012


My brothers and sisters, Holy Week is most definitely a very sacred time of the year, for it is now that we will commemorate and remember the last week of Jesus' life on this earth. These are the days leading up to the great Easter Feast. The Lenten season of sacrifice and self-denial is about to come to an end, but this coming week is extremely important for all Christians. The greatest focus of the week is the Passion (suffering) and Resurrection of Jesus Christ and the events that led up to it. Historical documents tell us that as early as the fourth century the Church celebrated this "Great Week" with a feeling of profound sanctity. Especially important for Catholics is the Easter Triduum, the three days just before Easter: Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Those who engage themselves wholeheartedly in living the entire paschal cycle (Lent, Triduum and Easter's Fifty Days) discover that it can change them forever. This is especially so of the Triduum that, standing at the heart of the Easter season, is an intense immersion in the fundamental mystery of what it is to be Christian. During these days, we suffer with Christ so that we might rise with Him at His glorious Resurrection. Holy Week is a time to clear our schedules of unnecessary activities. Our minds and hearts should be fixed on Jesus and what He did for us. Let us bear the Cross so that we may be worthy of wearing the crown He wore.   The schedule of the ceremonies for the Easter Triduum are in the last week’s bulletin, or by calling the parish office and pressing n. 3 on the main menu

Loving God, I am just beginning to realize how much you love me.  Your son, Jesus was humble and obedient.  He fulfilled your will for him by becoming human and suffering with us.  I ask you for the desire to become more humble so that my own life might also bear witness to you. I want to use the small sufferings I have in this world to give you glory. Please, Lord, guide my mind with your truth.  Strengthen my life by the example of Jesus. Help me to be with Jesus in this week as he demonstrates again his total love for me. He died so that I would no longer be separated from you.  Help me to feel how close you are and to live in union with you. Amen. 

No hay comentarios: